- Client :
- Category :SDGs EN
- Project Url :
- Date :2020-02-18
Mining and Procurement
- There is a limited supply of resources and stable supply of metals, oil and natural gas, and they are becoming rarer each year.
- There is an urgent need to diversify suppliers and recycle resources to secure sustainable resources
- Environmental measures must also be considered
By using the distributed ledger system to link data generated between mineral resource supply chains, it will make recording work, detailed confirmation, and business operations more efficient. This also optimizes purchasing, inventory, manufacturing and sales from upstream mining sites to downstream manufacturing institutions.
Processing and Sales
- Many cross-country operations, such as trade and transportation, require data coordination with interested parties from mining to processing and sales by companies, and strengthening the supply chain is an issue
- Costs for metals, mineral resources, oil and gas development projects increased. Deterioration of resource quality and soaring fuel prices are likely to be the causes
- Refractory ores due to increased impurities
The distributed ledger system can be used to link data generated between mineral resource supply chains, making recording work, detailed confirmation, and business operations more efficient. Optimizing the procurement, inventory, production and sales of downstream manufacturing organization from overseas mining sites in the upstream will lead to a reduction in overall development costs.
- Efforts are needed to recover mineral resources in waste products from so-called urban mines. As an example, the total amount of gold in urban mines in Japan is 6,800 tons, or 16% of the world’s current reserves (2008 survey). Japan has the world’s largest resource mine among urban mines.
An important goal is to enhance resource utilization and promote recycling of waste products through more efficient management. We aim to build a sustainable society by creating and circulating a lot of clean energy in consideration of the global environment.