- Client :
- Category :SDGs EN
- Project Url :
- Date :2020-02-18
- Demand for overseas remittances between legal persons and individuals has increased due to globalization, but there are many procedures, high fees and time lags for remittances through banks.
By utilizing the distributed ledger system, stakeholders’ operations related to financing can be digitized, and the transaction times and costs can be reduced. Also, if it can be used as an index for evaluating business feasibility based on the recorded information, it has the potential to allow loans to SMEs and start-up companies. Providing a network environment that uses this technology will enable procurement and remittance with more countries and people.
work：Investment / Financing
- Lending screening at a bank takes about three weeks, which imposes a burden on financing corporations and sole proprietorships. There are many necessary documents submitted by corporations and sole proprietorships, and it takes banks time to process them. Crowdfunding also takes about a month, including document screening.
By utilizing the distributed ledger system, stakeholders’ operations related to financing can be digitized, and the transaction times and costs can be reduced. Also, if the network using this technology expands and information on corporate assets and collateral increases and an environment that enables real-time verification has been established, there should be more opportunities to finance SMEs that have otherwise failed to obtain loans.
A primary goal is to reduce the disparity in lending between organizations and individuals and support fairer financial assistance. This will provide financial services that reach people all over the world by connecting to all kinds of infrastructures by linking domestic job creation and promotion of new businesses.
- There are many people and human resources necessary to process each customer, and contract status confirmation, assessment status, etc. are still shared on a paper basis, the work flow is inefficient.
- Various insurance companies manage customer credit information and rejection information for each financial institution. Also, when customers apply for a new contract or renewal, checking the information with the financial institution each time causes a long assessment time.
By using the distributed ledger system, more efficient sharing of customer information and contract status are expected. By recording customer information in a distributed ledger, there will be no need to manage information for each financial institution or company, and it is possible to reduce time and costs for completing contracts and assessments.
work：Insurance Money Collection
- Conventionally, when an insurance receivable is not paid, measures are taken such as sending out overdue notices or staff directly collecting the money, which incurs costs of handling, postage, and/or labor.
If a distributed ledger system can share financial information such as customer credit and bank details and create a mechanism to automatically debit from another account triggered by the occurrence of insurance receivables, human costs could be reduced.
By unifying the management of customer information, it can reduce complicated procedures for customers, insurance companies, and hospitals and provide more convenient insurance services. It will also work to reduce financial inequality by linking it with financial services and disseminating it in a way that is accessible to people around the world.